I am an associate professor of economics a the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and a research associate at the NBER.
In my research, I am interested in the detection and measurement of market power; including questions related to spatial differentiation, collusion, vertical and horizontal mergers, price discrimination, and search frictions. In have studied a wide range of industries and markets: gasoline, mortgage, banking, e-commerce, electricity generation.
- Department of Economics
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
1180 Observatory Dr
Madison, WI 53706
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 608- 262-7927
- ECON 468: Monday/Wednesday, 11am to noon. No appointment necessary.
- ECON 717: Monday, 4pm to 5:30pm
- ECON 706: Tuesday, 8:30am to noon and Wednesday, 9:30am to 11am. By appointment only.
- PhD advising: By appointment only.
Important: The Tuesday/Wednesday slots are reserved for Master students. PhD and undergraduate student meetings during those time slots will be cancelled.
Scheduling website: houdejf.youcanbook.me.